A CLEAR OPTION FOR OVER-THE-COUNTER REMEDIES
Give your product the Aclar® advantange
Aclar thermoformed packaging allows you to create attention-grabbing, differentiated and economical packaging giving your drug an advantage on the shelf.
The right packaging platform choice can have a profound impact on both top-line sales and bottom-line profitability. For direct to consumer drugs, packaging is more than functional; it supports the brand, gives end customers a “consumer-friendly" experience, and can provide opportunities for education and compliance-enhancing features. Honeywell Aclar films enable a packaging platform that helps meet these many challenges and more.
With Honeywell and Aclar you can:
- Enhance your brand with easy to use, clear blister packs
- Produce products with a look and feel that will be welcomed by customers
- Optimize shelf space with slimmer, more attractive packs
- Assure efficacy, packaging compliance and child-resistance
- Achieve manufacturing economies of scale
Contact Us to learn why Aclar continues to be the gold standard in blister packaging for oral solids.
Whether you are marketing branded drugs, nutraceuticals, private label or generic branded products, you face challenges as your product moves to the retail shelf. Choosing Aclar may help you:
MEET YOUR OPERATING COST REDUCTION TARGETS
- Optimized pack sizes
- Lower production costs
INCREASE OPERATIONAL EFFICIENCIES
- Increase packaging line speed and line efficiency
- Increase operational flexibility
ASSURE PRODUCT PERFORMANCE
- Compliant product with optimized shelf-life
- Ability to pass stability across all climatic zones, including Zone 4b
ENHANCE YOUR BRAND WITH PACKAGES THAT
- Make it easy to see your drug’s distinct shape and color
- Are easier for patients to use, promoting patient compliance and adherence
- Are more environmentally friendly
Choosing the right packaging material can have far-reaching strategic implications for your business. Honeywell understands this and offers a broad range of services from barrier prediction and stability support to packaging line optimization and economic analysis. Let our experienced technical team, including lab resources in the U.S., China and India, help you with:
- See how pack size and speed affect packaging economics using proprietary costing tools
- Singular drug, portfolio and multi-site savings identification
- Package layout design
OPTIMIZING BARRIER PERFORMANCE OF YOUR PACKAGE:
- Thermoform cavity design
- Tooling Analysis
- Stability protocol development and analysis
- Barrier material selection and barrier calculations
- Weight Gain Studies
- Thermoforming trials
INCREASING OPERATING EQUIPMENT EFFICIENCY:
- Blister packaging line optimization
- Thermoforming workshops and operator training
- Process optimization and tailored training programs
Contact Us for more information.
Honeywell tools address a range of common technical and business challenges.
Aclar® Films Thermoforming Guideline
Although the thermoforming properties of the Aclar laminate are essentially defined by the substrate material to which it is laminated, there are recommended guidelines to follow to produce a high quality Aclar blister.
Tooling Design Best Practices for Aclar® Films
This guide allows you to optimize the barrier performance of you blister and increase the shelf life of your finished package. Aclar laminates do not require special tooling; however by following these best practices, you can maximize the performance of the Aclar film laminates you are considering.
Aclar® Films UltRx 6000 Technical Guide
Learn how to successfully design and thermoform an ultra-high barrier blister using a laminate made with Honeywell Aclar® UltRx 6000 Film.
Instructions for Using Polarized Film
These instructions explain how to use polarized film for a simple, quick, non-destructive, qualitative test of blister cards. The test can be performed immediately after thermoforming and sealing to reveal any stress-forming in your blisters.
Blister packaging has become a more important factor in addressing challenges for the pharmaceutical industry. Thermoforming films are enablers for optimizing blister pack designs that meet all stakeholders’ requirements. Decisions can be based on understanding and meeting patient needs while simultaneously offering opportunities for significant productivity gains in packaging operations.
Addressing Complex Needs of Pharmaceutical Stakeholders via Ultra-High-Barrier Thermoformed Packaging
A successful drug launch requires you to balance a wide range of differing needs. Globalization itself brings with it the need for better shelf life, simplified supply chains, and greater productivity.
Avoid Delays – How to Ensure Your Blister Passes Stability
Package integrity is integral to a successful drug launch. This white paper covers three guiding principles relevant to barrier films that you can employ to reduce the risk of failure, understand the barrier required to pass stability and avoid over-packaging and potential delay.